Elementary Student Costume Contest
In celebration of the 175th Anniversary of Romeo, students in grades K through 5 are invited to participate in a historical costume contest.
The theme of the contest is “Romeo Through the Ages”
Here are the details:
- The costume contest will be held during the Community Open House at the Masonic Temple on Saturday, March 9th at 2:00pm.
- Children who wish to enter should arrive at the Open House no later than 1:45, dressed in their historically-themed costume.
- Costumes may be purchased or homemade so long as they depict a person or an era from Romeo’s history. (Tip: You can find a brief history on Romeo by visiting our Historical Facts page).
- At 2:00 all entrants will parade through the Open House up to the stage in Gray’s Opera House where judging will take place.
- A panel of judges will select a first, second and third place winner.
- All winners will receive a ribbon and have their picture taken for the newspaper.
All students are encouraged to enter as we celebrate this important milestone in our history.
For questions regarding the costume contest please contact Sara Murray at 586-531-5926.