The Romeo 175th Anniversary Committee is a committed group of volunteers whose sole goal is to create a spectacular community celebration to commemorate this significant event in Romeo’s history. We’ve had many people who have stopped by to assist along the way but our most committed volunteers comprise the core of our planning committee:
- Adam Brady
- Juli Graser
- Kim Hale, Co-Chair
- Bob Hart
- Adrienne LaMilza
- Christine Malzahn
- Sara Murray, Co-Chair
- Kelley Stephens
- Kristen Valyi-Hax
- Rob Wisnieski
- Chris Young
The Planning Committee would also like to give special thanks to:
- Marian McLaughlin for pulling the committee together in the first place and providing ongoing guidance and support.
- Sue Kane, Richard Beringer and the rest of the gang at The Romeo Historical Society for providing direction, contacts, photos & documents and ongoing guidance.
- David McLaughlin for letting us use the photos from his book.
- Rick Steakly from Game Portal, Nicole Czajka from Thee Office Pub & Cookery, Jess & Mark from Reology, Sue Kane from Kane’s Townhall Antiques and Linda Pritchard from Two Romeo Girls for participating in the original Think Tank sessions for the downtown event.
- Gregg Parks from Parks Audio for all his entertainment and staging expertise and guidance.
- Grace Venet from RWB Parks & Recs for her ongoing support and contacts.
- Gwen Saliba for coordinating and managing the Shopper’s Bazaar.
- Bob Thomas and Anne Nicolazzo for helping to pull together the “Romeo Then & Now” photo exhibition.
- Cheryl Walmsley for pulling together the vintage autos.